Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cocoa Pebbles


I have a friend that is very fond of Cocoa Pebbles. In fact, he tells me he eats this cereal almost everyday. I committed a "living on cereal" faux pas as I confused Cocoa Pebbles with Cocoa Puffs. My friend Chad promptly responded via email. Chad wrote in his email, "that is the problem all you people who KNOW NOTHING and confuse Cocoa PUFFS and Cocoa Pebbles. Pebbles is with Fred Flintstone and me and Fred eat almost every morning. Our first week of marriage my wife was asked to get me some Cocoa Pebbles and she got me Cocoa Puffs with that stupid bird on the box and I almost put her out of the house right then. After a single back hand and explanation of the difference between “Pebbles” and “Puffs” she agreed that she had made a grave error and asked for forgiveness and has never made such a stupid mistake again."


Wow, now if that isn't cocoa rage I do know what is. Anyways Chad, Cocoa Pebbles was introduced along with Fruity Pebbles in 1971. The characters who are on the box are the Flintstones. Basically Barney Rubble is out to get Fred Flintstones Cocoa or Fruity Pebbles. Barney has been known to disguise himself as a rap artist, detective and even Santa Claus in order to get Fred's Pebbles.

No comments: