Thursday, August 28, 2008

Generic Cereals


You know it is not always bad to lean toward a generic cereal when it comes to the end of the month and you are living on cereal. When I turn down the cereal aisle at my local grocery store I am welcomed by the likes of Fred Flintstone, Snap, Crackle and Pop. But sometimes I feel compelled to drift a little further down the aisle and look at the those cereals in the plastic bag. What I am referring to here is the Malt-O-Meal cereals. They have some cereal names which sometimes I find very enticing such as; Apple Zings, Choco-Colossal Crunch and Dyno-Bites. I was so interested in this brand I even visited the Malt-O-Meal website. This website had it all, product information, product comparisons and even a recipe page. I visited the product comparison site and found that Tootie Fruites costs $1.85 per lb. where as Froot Loops costs $2.72 per lb. Now I have not put that to the official Living on Cereal taste test but that is on its way (we are going grocery shopping today). The recipe section of the web-site offers many dessert recipes that can be made with Malt-O-Meal cereal. One of the recipes is for "Honey Buzzers Caterpillars" (try saying that 5 times). I do not plan to try this recipe but I like the name. Living On Cereal would like to dedicate the next poll to Malt-O-Meal and other generic cereals. Please vote for the generic cereal with the best name.

1 comment:

Aleph said...

Honey Nut Scooters. Get you sum!